Fly Fishing For Beginners
Our fly fishing for beginners in Scotland package is run by fully insured, qualified Scottish Game Angling Instructors (SGAIC) with First Aid Certificates and have been licensed to work with children. You can expect first class fly fishing instruction and professionalism from experts in the field.
Head instructor and Proprietor Callum Conner is a Loop endorsed, Loop Akademi instructor and SGAIC Single & Double Hand fly fishing instructor qualifications. Fellow instructor Lennie Fuller is also a qualified SGAIC Single Handed Instructor.
Your instructors will teach you in a relaxed and fun, yet structured manner with the aim to teach you as much of the fundamentals of fly fishing and fly casting in a day to help you get started.
Here is a basic itinerary to show what will be covered in your day:
- Safety brief – Safety in fly fishing and the dangers in a fly fishing environment
- Tackle talk – Brief description. How and when to use etc
- How to set up tackle
- Knot demonstrations
- Fly choice – basic explanation of entomology etc
- Fly casting demonstration
- 1 to 1 tuition
- Few hours of guided fishing putting everything into practice
- How to play and land a fish (no guarantees)
- How to catch and release safely
- Wash up & de-brief
1 Rod – £310
2 Rods – £399
3 Rods – £499
If you’d like to learn to fly fish on our fly fishing for beginners in Scotland package please get in touch using the enquire button below.